▫ 112,705 COVID cases in 7 days on the UK government dashboard 📈
▫ 1,258,931 estimated symptomatic cases by ZOE 📈
▫ 9,878 hospital admissions in 7 days 🚨
▫ 13,664 patients currently in hospital 🚨
▫ 310 patients in ICU 🚨
▫ 1,628 deaths in 7 days 🚨
First published in April 2022.
- 📆 Latest Summary
- 🔍 The Details
- ⏰ Latest Guidance
- 🐦 Tweets
- 📌 Must-Read
- 📺 Must-Watch
- 🧬 Variants News
- 🏫 Education
- 📈 Full Data
- 🕯️ COVID Death in the World
- 💉 Vaccination Data
- 🧩 Long COVID
- 📄 Additional Data
- 📚 Data Sources
- 248 deaths due to coronavirus in the latest report (today for the last 24 hours).
- 14,030 new coronavirus infections in the latest report (today for the last 24 hours) and the actual number UK-wide is potentially significantly higher, always worth checking out the data provided by the ONS and by the King’s College team in the accompanying tables.
- The total number of coronavirus infections reported across the UK in the last 7 days was 112,705, while in the last 28 days 879,247 infections have been reported.
- 1,628 deaths due to coronavirus have been reported in the last 7 days.
- The number of deaths in the past week equates on average to around 233 deaths each of the past 7 days. If this was to be the “new normal” for daily deaths caused by COVID-19, then annually this would equate to around 84,889 deaths across the UK.
- Meanwhile, a total of 6,603 deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported across the UK in the last 28 days.
- 1,169 COVID-19 hospital admissions occurred on 24 April 2022.
- 13,664 patients suffering from COVID-19 are currently occupying hospital beds – reported as of 27 April 2022.
- 310 COVID-19 patients are occupying mechanical ventilation beds – according to the data reported on 27 April 2022.
- All three of these healthcare measures a continuing concern for our seriously under-pressure NHS.
- 819 days since the first infection due to the SARS-CoV-2 virus was reported in Britain (31 January 2020)
- 783 days since the first reported death (6 March 2020). Coronavirus has now been responsible for infecting around 22 million people in the UK (according to the official reported positive cases data)
- In this time, the virus has been responsible for at least 174,696 deaths (within 28 days of a first positive test result). Official data also currently indicate there have been (at least) 191,277 deaths in total, where the deceased person’s death certificate mentioned COVID-19 as one of the causes, registered up to Friday 15 April 2022, according to the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA)
(Source: UK Health Security Agency)
■ UK Government’s List of symptoms of COVID-19
After two years without updating its list of just three symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new continuous cough and a loss or change to the sense of smell or taste), the NHS has finally updated its list of symptoms of COVID:
😩 Shortness of breath
🥱 Feeling tired or exhausted
🤕 An aching body
🤯 A headache
🤐 A sore throat
🤧 A blocked or runny nose
😞 Loss of appetite
🤮 Feeling sick or being sick
■ ZOE COVID Study’s Top 20 symptoms of COVID-19 (as of 28-Apr-2022)
■ 🧬 COG-UK sequencing
full uk data
📈 UK COVID-19 data
(Source: UK Health Security Agency)
■ 🧮 Case & Death Totals
🦠22,025,925 positive cases so far to date (recorded) – Since the first case was reported at the end of January 2020
🕯️174,696 deaths so far – Number recorded within 28 days of first positive test result – since the first reported death on 6 March 2020
🕯️ 191,277 total deaths – Total number of people whose death certificate mentioned COVID-19 as one of the causes – Registered up to Friday 15 April 2022 – according to the UK dashboard
sign up to our FREE Briefings today.
💉 Latest UK Vaccination
Note: Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
Total UK population: 67,081,234 (last year: 66,796,800), via ONS (subject to changes in population over the year). These figures were updated on 25 June 2021. (Source: ONS)
🚨 1.7 million people currently live with long COVID in the UK
🚨 2.7% of the UK population currently live with long COVID
🚨 1 in 37 people in the UK has long COVID
🚨 Long COVID symptoms adversely affect the day-to-day activities of 1.1 million people (67% of long COVID sufferers)
🚨 Of those, 322,000 people (19%) are “limited a lot”
🚨 Most common symptoms of long COVID:
▫ fatigue (51%)
▫ shortness of breath (34%)
▫ loss of smell (28%)
▫ muscle ache (24%)
🚨 Prevalence of long COVID is greatest in people:
▫ aged 35-49 years
▫ living in more deprived areas
▫ working in social care, teaching, education or health care
▫ with another activity-limiting health condition or disability
- Absence & Attendance in Schools
■ Number of contact tracing alerts sent (England & Wales)
(Source: University of Oxford)
📚 Data Sources:
- Daily summary: Coronavirus in the UK | UK Government
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NHS Advice | PMP Magazine
- Variants: distribution of cases data | UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA)
- Vaccination Data | UK Government
- What’s new | UK Government
- UK data will not necessarily fully reflect the numbers in specific measures, e.g., where there are data issues, delays due to IT issues, or issues with reporting arrangements for the four nations. It is important therefore to note the specific reporting cycles of UK COVID-19 data when looking at how data are presented. Seven-day rolling averages are often used to help ‘smooth’ the various reporting cycles across different nations; nevertheless, care is needed when seeking to gain an accurate picture of the situation at any time. The deaths’ data used in the charts below relate to deaths ‘attributed to COVID-19 – each following a reported positive test result for COVID-19 within 28 days of their death’.
- From the week of 21 February 2022, the UK Health Security Agency will stop publishing dashboard updates at weekends. The dashboard will be updated as usual from Monday to Friday. Daily cases and deaths by report date published on Mondays will include figures from the weekend. These will not be separated out to show daily figures for Saturday and Sunday.
- Further detail can be found at the UK Health Security Agency.
— AUTHORS —
GET THEM INVOLVED:
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 28 April 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com