▫ 52,997 COVID cases in 7 days on the UK government dashboard 📈
▫ 3,745 hospital admissions in 7 days 🚨
▫ 5,017 patients currently in hospital 🚨
▫ 142 patients in ICU 🚨
▫ 514 deaths in 7 days 🚨
The Zoe COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is increasing again with 115,850 cases. Its 7-day estimate shows 840,833 cases in a week. On average, it is estimated that 120,119 people are still infected every day in the UK.
First published in May 2022.
- 📆 Latest Summary
- 🔍 The Details
- ⏰ Latest Guidance
- 💬 Comments
- 📌 Must-Read
- 🧬 Variants News
- 🏫 Education
- 📈 Full Data
- 🕯️ COVID Death in the World
- 💉 Vaccination Data
- 🧩 Long COVID
- 📄 Additional Data
- 📚 Data Sources
UKHSA Latest Data
UKHSA Latest Data – ENGLAND ONLY
- 443 deaths in England [within 28 days of first positive test result for COVID-19] were reported in the last 7 days.
- 38,050 new coronavirus infections in the last 7 days according to the latest England data report - the actual number England-wide is potentially significantly higher, always worth checking out the data provided by the ONS and by the King’s College team in the accompanying tables.
- 207,077 coronavirus infections have been reported across England in the last 28 days according to data in the latest England data report.
- The number of deaths in England in the past week equates on average to around 63.3 deaths each of the past 7 days. If this was to be the “new normal” for daily deaths caused by COVID-19, then annually this would equate to around 23,099 deaths across England.
- Meanwhile, a total of 3,258 deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported across England in the last 28 days.
- 461 COVID-19 hospital admissions in England occurred on 24 May 2022.
- 4,365 patients suffering from COVID-19 are currently occupying hospital beds in England – reported as of 26 May 2022.
- 134 COVID-19 patients are occupying mechanical ventilation beds in England - according to the data reported on 26 May 2022.
- All three of these healthcare measures remain a concern for our under-pressure NHS.
- 847 days since the first infection due to the SARS-CoV-2 virus was reported in Britain (31 January 2020)
- 811 days since the first reported death in Britain (6 March 2020). Coronavirus has now been responsible for infecting around 18.7 million people in England (according to the official reported positive cases data)
Zoe Study UK Latest Estimates
𝗣𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗦𝘆𝗺𝗽𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗖𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀
▫ 24h: 115,850
▫ 7d: 840,833
▫ 28d: 3,471,122
▫ 120,119 per day
𝗖𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗦𝘆𝗺𝗽𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗖𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀
𝗖𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝟭-𝗝𝗮𝗻-𝟮𝟮
(Source: UK Health Security Agency)
■ UK Government’s List of symptoms of COVID-19
After two years without updating its list of just three symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new continuous cough and a loss or change to the sense of smell or taste), the NHS has finally updated its list of symptoms of COVID:
😩 Shortness of breath
🥱 Feeling tired or exhausted
🤕 An aching body
🤯 A headache
🤐 A sore throat
🤧 A blocked or runny nose
😞 Loss of appetite
🤮 Feeling sick or being sick
■ ZOE COVID Study’s Top 20 symptoms of COVID-19 (as of 12-May-2022)
Since February, the UKHSA has stopped publishing COVID updates at weekends. Now they take place on Mondays and Thursdays only. Since 20 May, the UK dashboard has stopped updating Northern Ireland data altogether and updates Wales on Thursdays only.
The virus doesn’t take a break at weekends. It doesn’t show up twice a week only. It doesn’t stop at a border either.
It spreads and kills people every day in the UK and around the world.
We, at PMP, have decided to continue to publish the latest COVID data available every day, especially the Zoe COVID Study estimates – probably more accurate than the UK Government’s own data since free testing has ended in England.
Please support our work to help us to continue our COVID reporting: Donate now.
■ 🧬 COG-UK sequencing
full uk data
📈 ENGLAND COVID-19 CHART
(Source: UK Health Security Agency)
💉 Latest UK Vaccination
Note: UK vaccination data is now published weekly on Mondays.
Note: Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
Total UK population: 67,081,234 (last year: 66,796,800), via ONS (subject to changes in population over the year). These figures were updated on 25 June 2021. (Source: ONS)
🚨 1.8 million people currently live with long COVID in the UK
🚨 2.8% of the UK population currently live with long COVID
🚨 1 in 36 people in the UK has long COVID
🚨 Long COVID symptoms adversely affect the day-to-day activities of 1.2 million people (67% of long COVID sufferers)
🚨 Of those, 346,000 people (19%) are “limited a lot”
🚨 556,000 (31%) first had COVID-19 before Alpha became the main variant; 249,000 (14%) in the Alpha period, 446,000 (25%) in the Delta period, and 438,000 (24%) in the Omicron period.
🚨 Most common symptoms of long COVID:
▫ fatigue (51%)
▫ shortness of breath (33%)
▫ loss of smell (26%)
▫ difficulty concentrating (23%)
🚨 Prevalence of long COVID is greatest in people:
▫ aged 35-49 years
▫ living in more deprived areas
▫ working in social care, teaching, education or health care
▫ with another activity-limiting health condition or disability
■ Absence & Attendance in Schools
■ Number of contact tracing alerts sent (England & Wales)
(Source: University of Oxford)
📚 Data Sources:
- Daily summary: Coronavirus in the UK | UK Government
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NHS Advice | PMP Magazine
- Variants: distribution of cases data | UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA)
- Vaccination Data | UK Government
- What’s new | UK Government
— AUTHORS —
GET THEM INVOLVED: