Although the UKHSA COVID dashboard has now moved to weekly reporting to hide the inconvenient truth about the current rising wave of infection, PMP continues to publish its daily report.
The Zoe COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is currently 339,333 cases (-1.5% in a week). The 7-day estimate shows 2,423,683 cases in a week (+4.8%). On average, it is now estimated that at least 346,240 people are still infected by coronavirus every day in the UK.
First published in July 2022.
Latest UK Dashboard
Reminder on data reporting in the UK
▫ From Friday 1 July 2022, the COVID-19 UKHSA Dashboard moves to weekly reporting.
▫ The reporting of ZOE COVID Study data will remain daily.
▫ The reporting of ONS Infection Survey data will remain weekly with a 7-day lag.
(Source: UKHSA | ZOE | ONS)
Zoe COVID Study & ONS Infection Survey UK Latest Estimates
■ Zoe COVID Study
■ ONS Infection Survey UK Latest Estimates
■ UK Government’s List of symptoms of COVID-19
After two years without updating its list of just three symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new continuous cough and a loss or change to the sense of smell or taste), the NHS has finally updated its list of symptoms of COVID:
😩 Shortness of breath
🥱 Feeling tired or exhausted
🤕 An aching body
🤯 A headache
🤐 A sore throat
🤧 A blocked or runny nose
😞 Loss of appetite
🤮 Feeling sick or being sick
■ TRAVEL: ENTRY RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
Check out the latest situation for 20 of the top travel destinations for Brits:
■ ZOE COVID Study’s Top 20 symptoms of COVID-19 (as of 14-Jul-2022)
■ ZOE COVID Study’s Incidence by Age Group (as of 14-Jul-2022)
we need your help
Since February 2022, the UKHSA has slowly reduced the publishing of its daily COVID updates, following the UK Government’s narrative that we should all “live with the virus”.
UKHSA now reports only once a week.
The virus doesn’t take a break 6 days a week.
It doesn’t infect people from time to time.
It doesn’t stop at a border either.
The virus still spreads and kills people every day in the UK and around the world. COVID-19 is NOT over.
We, at PMP, have decided to continue to publish the latest COVID data available every day, especially the Zoe COVID Study estimates – probably more accurate than the UK Government’s own data since free testing has ended in England, and the ONS COVID Infection Survey estimates.
Please, support our work through our crowdfunding to help us to continue our COVID reporting: Donate now.
■ 🧬 COG-UK sequencing
- The BA.5 sub-variant is now dominant in the UK
- The next sub-variant to worry about, BA.2.75, may be able to spread rapidly and get around immunity from vaccines and previous infection
■ Number of contact tracing alerts sent (England & Wales)
(Source: University of Oxford)
📚 Data Sources:
- Daily summary: Coronavirus in the UK | UK Government
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NHS Advice | PMP Magazine
- Variants: distribution of cases data | UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA)
- Vaccination Data | UK Government
- What’s new | UK Government
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 17 July 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com