LATEST ZOE COVID STUDY UK DATA
The ZOE COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is currently 212,108 new cases*. It is predicted that at least 2,440,780 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- 2-Oct estimate: 212,108 new cases (+24.1% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,367,623 cases (+24.2%)
- Daily average: 195,375 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 2,440,780 people
(* This is the equivalent of the population of the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham¹ being infected every day.)
LATEST ONS UK DATA
- According to the ONS, in the week ending 23 September 2022, 8,751 deaths were registered in England and Wales; 235 of these deaths mentioned COVID, accounting for 2.7% of all deaths.
- This is a decrease compared with the previous week when COVID-19 accounted for 301 of these deaths (2.8%).
- The number of deaths registered is affected by the bank holiday on 19 September 2022, so caution is needed when comparing across weeks, and with the five-year average.
READ OUR REVIEW OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 4 October 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com