▪ Latest ZOE COVID Study
The ZOE COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is currently 224,316 new cases*. It is predicted that at least 2,579,954 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- 4-Oct estimate: 224,316 new cases (+21.7% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,447,975 cases (+24.0%)
- Daily average: 206,854 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 2,579,954 people
(* This is the equivalent of the population of Northampton¹ being infected today.)
▪ Latest Long COVID
2.3 million people in the UK experiencing long COVID
An estimated 2.3 million people in private households in the UK (3.5% of the population) were experiencing self-reported long COVID as of 3 September 2022. Of those, almost half (46%) reported experiencing long COVID symptoms at least one year after first having (suspected) COVID-19.
READ OUR FULL REVIEW
OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 6 October 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com