▪ Latest ZOE Study
The ZOE COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is currently 235,435 new cases*. It is predicted that at least 3,054,731 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- Latest estimate: 235,435 new cases (+1.8% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,658,905 cases (+11.4%)
- Daily average: 236,986 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 3,054,731 people
(* This is the equivalent of the population of the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham in Greater Manchester¹ being infected in one day.)
▪ COVID Infections
COVID-19 infections rise in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
The percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 continued to increase in England and Northern Ireland, increased in Wales and the trend was uncertain in Scotland in the latest week.
The estimated percentage of people living in private households (those not in care homes or other communal establishments) testing positive for COVID-19 was:
- 2.78% in England (1 in 35 people)
- 2.47% in Wales (1 in 40 people)
- 2.46% in Northern Ireland (1 in 40 people)
- 2.08% in Scotland (1 in 50 people)
READ OUR FULL REVIEW
OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 14 October 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com