▪ Latest ZOE Study
The ZOE COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is currently 215,576 new cases*. It is predicted that at least 3,111,578 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- Latest estimate: 215,576 new cases (-10.1% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,609,609 cases (-0.7%)
- Daily average: 229,944 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 3,111,578 people
(* This is the equivalent of the population of North Somerset¹ being infected in one day.)
▪ Deaths involving COVID
Deaths involving COVID-19 continued to increase in the UK
There were 449 deaths involving COVID-19 registered in the UK in the week ending 7 October 2022, up from 343 in the previous week. However, the number of death registrations in the previous week was affected by the bank holiday on 19 September 2022. Caution is needed when comparing across weeks and with the five-year average.
The total number of deaths registered in the UK in the week ending 7 October 2022 was 12,793, which was 13.7% above the five-year average (1,538 excess deaths). Deaths involving COVID-19 accounted for 3.5% of all UK deaths in the latest week, which is an increase from 2.7% in the previous week.
READ OUR FULL REVIEW
OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 18 October 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com