▪ Latest ZOE Study
The ZOE COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is currently 193,751 new cases*. It is predicted that at least 3,042,083 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- Latest estimate: 193,751 new cases (-17.7% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,506,540 cases (-9.2%)
- Daily average: 215,220 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 3,042,083 people
(* This is the equivalent of the population of Bath and North East Somerset¹ being infected in one day.)
▪ ONS Infection Survey
COVID-19 infections continued to rise in England and Wales
The percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 continued to increase in England and Wales and the trend was uncertain in Northern Ireland and Scotland.
The estimated percentage of people living in private households (those not in care homes or other communal establishments) testing positive for COVID-19 was:
- 3.13% in England (1 in 30 people)
- 3.87% in Wales (1 in 25 people)
- 2.41% in Northern Ireland (1 in 40 people)
- 2.74% in Scotland (1 in 35 people)
READ OUR FULL REVIEW
OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 21 October 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com