▪ Latest ZOE Study
The ZOE COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is currently 178,336 new cases. It is predicted that at least 2,778,154 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- Latest estimate: 178,336 new cases (-8.0% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,283,679 cases (-14.8%)
- Daily average: 183,383 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 2,778,154 people
▪ Deaths involving COVID
COVID-19 infections rise in Northern Ireland and Scotland
COVID-19 infections decreased in Wales, increased in Northern Ireland and Scotland and the trend was uncertain in England in the latest week (ending 17 October 2022).
The estimated percentage of people living in private households (those not in care homes or other communal establishments) testing positive for COVID-19 was:
- 3.21% in England (1 in 30 people)
- 2.83% in Wales (1 in 35 people)
- 2.92% in Northern Ireland (1 in 35 people)
- 3.02% in Scotland (1 in 35 people)
Since the end of June 2022, most COVID-19 infections in the UK have been Omicron variants BA.4 or BA.5.
READ OUR FULL REVIEW
OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 28 October 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com