▪ Latest ZOE Study
The ZOE COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is currently 171,677 new cases. It is predicted that at least 2,612,889 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- Latest estimate: 171,677 new cases (-5.1% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,234,075 cases (-6.7%)
- Daily average: 176,296 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 2,612,889 people
▪ Deaths involving COVID
Deaths involving COVID-19 continued to rise in the UK
There were 735 deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19) registered in the UK in the week ending 21 October 2022, up from 625 in the previous week.
The total number of deaths registered in the UK in the week ending 21 October 2022 was 13,463, which was 15.7% above the five-year average (1,822 excess deaths). Deaths involving COVID-19 accounted for 5.5% of all UK deaths in the latest week, which is an increase from 4.7% in the previous week.
READ OUR FULL REVIEW
OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 2 November 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com