▪ Latest ZOE Study
The ZOE COVID Study’s positive symptomatic case estimate is currently 164,763 new cases. It is predicted that at least 2,545,845 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- Latest estimate: 164,763 new cases (-7.6% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,207,994 cases (-5.9%)
- Daily average: 172,571 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 2,545,845 people
▪ ONS Infection Survey
COVID-19 infections fell in England and Wales but rose in Northern Ireland
COVID-19 infections decreased in England, continued to decrease in Wales and continued to increase in Northern Ireland in the latest week (ending 24 October 2022). The trend was uncertain in Scotland.
The estimated percentage of people living in private households (those not in care homes or other communal establishments) testing positive for COVID-19 was:
- 2.92% in England (1 in 35 people)
- 2.55% in Wales (1 in 40 people)
- 3.34% in Northern Ireland (1 in 30 people)
- 2.69% in Scotland (1 in 35 people)
▪ Long COVID
2.1 million people in the UK experiencing long COVID
An estimated 2.1 million people in private households in the UK (3.3% of the population) were experiencing self-reported long COVID as of 1 October 2022. Of those, half (50%) reported experiencing long COVID symptoms at least one year after first having (suspected) COVID-19.
READ OUR FULL REVIEW
OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 4 November 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com