S ince February 2022, the UKHSA has slowly reduced the publishing of its daily COVID updates, following the UK Government’s narrative that we should all “live with the virus”. They now report only once a week. We, at PMP Magazine, have decided to continue to publish the latest COVID data available every day using the data from the ZOE COVID Study and the ONS Infection Survey to understand what is still happening with the pandemic.
▪ The Latest
The current ZOE COVID Study positive symptomatic case estimate is 147,914 new cases. It is predicted that at least 2,287,788 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- Latest estimate: 147,914 new cases (-10.2% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,065,380 cases (-11.8%)
- Daily average: 152,197 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 2,287,788 people
- It is estimated that there have been 60,401,040 cases in the UK since 1-Jan-2022
▪ Latest COVID News
Last week, COVID-19 infections fell across all UK countries
According to the ONS, Coronavirus infections continued to decrease in England and Wales and decreased in Northern Ireland and Scotland in the latest week (ending 1 November 2022).
The estimated percentage of people living in private households (those not in care homes or other communal establishments) testing positive for COVID-19 was:
- 2.43% in England (1 in 40 people)
- 2.38% in Wales (1 in 40 people)
- 2.17% in Northern Ireland (1 in 45 people)
- 2.04% in Scotland (1 in 50 people)
READ OUR FULL REVIEW
OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 11 November 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Adobe Stock/SergeyBitos.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com