S ince February 2022, the UKHSA has slowly reduced the publishing of its daily COVID updates, following the UK Government’s narrative that we should all “live with the virus”. They now report only once a week. We, at PMP Magazine, have decided to continue to publish the latest COVID data available every day using the data from the ZOE COVID Study and the ONS Infection Survey to understand what is still happening with the pandemic.
▪ The Latest
The current ZOE COVID Study positive symptomatic case estimate is 144,913 new cases. It is predicted that at least 2,174,318 people have symptomatic COVID today in the UK.
- Latest estimate: 144,913 new cases (-2.5% in a week)
- 7-day estimate: 1,025,374 cases (-8.9%)
- Daily average: 146,482 people infected on average every day
- Currently predicted to have COVID: 2,174,318 people
- It is estimated that there have been 60,983,005 cases in the UK since 1-Jan-2022
▪ Latest COVID News
Last week, COVID-19 infections fell across all UK countries
According to the ONS, there were 706 deaths involving COVID-19 registered in the UK in the week ending 4 November 2022. Of these, 605 were registered in England, 44 in Wales, 12 in Northern Ireland, and 45 in Scotland. This is a decrease from 716 deaths registered in the UK in the previous week (ending 28 October 2022).
READ OUR FULL REVIEW
OF ALL COVID-RELATED DATA & DETAILS
— AUTHOR —
▫ J.N. PAQUET, Author & Journalist, Editor of PMP Magazine.
- Text: This piece was first published in PMP Magazine on 15 November 2022. | The authors write in a personal capacity.
- Data cross-referenced with the latest official data from the UK dashboard.
- Cover: Unsplash/Fusion Medical Animation.
- Icons from www.flaticon.com